Update
Sorry for the delay on finishing my story but our phone hasn't been working. The end of the story is very anticlimatic anyways - which I am very thankful for. Though it may make any feminists out their unhappy with me - a man took care of it all for me! On Monday nights a group of us get together for the obvious and so I mentioned my dilemma and verified where I could find the electric company. Then next day I got a phone call and the husband of a family working here offered to help me out! Of course, I was more than happy to accept. So I am not feeling so all alone anymore and the same man helped me out again yesterday to get our phone line working. I am more than happy to depend on men to take care of these things. I just hope something doesn't happen to my water! I paid the bill this week!
The highlight from this last week was that I was able to help host a Kids Party. It had been too long since I played kid's games and sang the hoky poky. We played a name game, Red Light Green Light, Simon Says, Father Abraham, Head shoulders knees and toes...We ended the event with acting out the story of the 10 Lepers who were healed but only one came back to say Thank You, and enjoyed some chocolate cake.
This last week I also started reading Beth Moore's Believing God - I highly recommend this book it has been greatly challenging me. In the book she asked for the reader to make a committment for a period of time. I have committed to strengthening my prayer life during this month of Ramadan and am excited to see how it will change my perspective and relationships.
1 comment:
I keep checking you site..but alas no new posts, no new pictures!
Post a Comment