Monday, July 09, 2007

The price of eggs...
So I have been thinking about this post since someone commented awhile back on the price of a papaya. I know living here is a lot cheaper than most places around the world but I wondered how the price of things compares to where you are.
So today I went to the local vegtable stand and bought
1 kilo carrots
1/2 kilo tomatoes
1/2 kilo onions
1 kilo bananas
A large handful of bisbas
And my total came to about 330 Riyals
I bought eggs last night and paid 200 Riyals for a dozen
I bought a new phone battery a few weeks ago and paid 1500 Riyals
I took the bus across town and paid 30 Riyals
Just paid the electric bill (it was extremely high because we are using a/c) 14000 Riyals
So how does this compare with what you are paying? The exchange rate stays about 198 riyals to the dollar.
Letha

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Well I would tell you but it would take me all night to figure out the conversions... so maybe tomarrrow:)