Do you have a favorite part of speech?
You remember the 8 parts of speech, taking apart and labeling sentences. I work a lot with those 8 parts of speech with my language students. They really are quite important. So, do you have a favorite? I do, well today I do (I don't think I usually have a strong opinion). I love prepositions. You know everywhere the squirrel (or lizard) can go. Or as I have my students learn - adds information regarding time, place and manner. Why do I suddenly had this love for the strange words called prepositions? Because of this quote I read by Saint Patrick. I was walking the other day and the words kept going to my mind reminding that I am not here alone but...
Christ shield me this day
Christ with me,
Christ before me,
behind me,
in me,
beneath me,
above me,
on my right,
on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every person who thinks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ is the ear that hears me.
1 comment:
Neat post Letha.
Post a Comment