Saturday, May 24, 2008

I like math.
Seriously, I like math. I was so excited tonight when Heather had a math question for me. I stopped what I was doing and got out my pen and paper to figure out the fractions. You know why I like math so much? It has an answer. None of this essay, complete sentences, multiple options stuff. You are either right or wrong, you either know the formula or you don't. There is no room for any fluff.
On the other hand, all the classes I been taking over the last few months, they are not math. They don't use the same kind of logic that my mind works in. I miss math questions. From this rambling you may see how very excited I am that I have finished my first semester of graduate school. I don't feel any smarter, I am just realizing how smart I am not. I questioned myself this week. What am I doing here? Why did I ever believe it would be useful to get a masters? I am so ready to get on an airplane and get back to the people who hold my heart. The land God has given me a passion for. Yet, here I am.
I know there is a purpose for this semester and the next one to follow, I know I am continuing to be challenged and grow closer to the Lord. So tonight I will find my peace and purpose in God alone. Once again I am learning patience, I am learning to be still before the Lord, I am learning to be and not just do. This you cannot learn in any textbook or classroom. It is found only in daily walking with Jesus.

3 comments:

Gypsy Girl said...

I understand exactly how you feel. Grad school has been a huge challenge for me. I have had many good days yet my heart always yearns to go. I have been humbled and learned more of what it means to depend on Him. Yes! God's timing is perfect. Press on!

by Heather A. said...

I'm so proud of you Leth. You have always had a math brain, and I have always had a fluff brain:) but I'm so glad to see our passions have met, maybe that is what kept us compatible all those years:) still love ya and think about you!!!
Heath

by Heather A. said...

I still think of you when I see yellow paper:)