"Hello out there!"
I hear this phrase in my head and I actually had to physically say it outloud. I feel eight years old again (versus the 28 years old I am as of today). Don't know how many of you had the priviledge of listening to the tape of "Down by the Creek Bank" but that is where this one phrase takes me back to. I can still see the kids, and I'm there will them yelling out and hearing their echoes return. LOVE IT! Next the songs all start coming back, if you give me a call I will sing a few with you - at least the lines I remember.
Anyways, I realized recently that I have ignored my blog and thought today would be a fitting day to return. It is my birthday and a good day to reflect and share with friends and family. My 27th year passed quickly as it was full of study, travel, new friendships, new jobs, new church family; basically new everything. The most exciting part for me is that I can see the fingerprints of God in my life. I love that I have continued to grow deeper in my love for Him and for His Word. So even though I never planned in my great self planning skills to be here at this moment in my life I have great joy in knowing that God is using this time and place to shape me into someone who looks more like Christ daily.
Ephesians 2:8-10
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Chrsit Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."
I also want to give a shout out to the bible study I am now working through written by Jennifer Rothschild - "Fingerprints of God"
Thanks for being a part of my life - I promise some pictures coming soon.
Enjoy
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Letha...I just found my copy of Down By the Creek bank...Doug just doesn't appreciate it as much as we do.
Happy Birthday! What about "Bullfrogs and Butterflies" and "Music Machine"?
"My hands were made to serve Him,my heart was made to love Him,my voice was made to lift and sing and praise the Lord"
"I hear crickets and tadpoles,turtles and frogs,down by the creek bank by the old hollow log"
I LOVE that musical !!!!
Post a Comment