"We need not to think of the task God has in store for us in terms of some great act or achievement of which all men will know. It may be to fit a child for life; it may be at some crucial moment to speak that word and exert that influence which will stop someone ruining his life; it may be to do some quite small job superlatively well; it may be to touch the lives of many by our hands, our voices or our minds. The fact remains that God is preparing us by all the experiences of life for something; and many refuse the task when it comes and never even realize that they are refusing it."
While I see some problems with this quote the thought that captured me after reading this was that I want to be ready. I do not want to just live and feel and experience this life. I want to learn. I want to be intelligent. I want to know Christ and grow in each experience. I want a deeper relationship with Christ so that I am ready for the task of serving Christ with all that I am, no matter the task. I want each experience of life to draw me closer to Christ, because that is what my life is about. That is my identity. And only in Christ will I complete the race before me.
No comments:
Post a Comment