Celebrating Yalda
Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, “I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.” John 8:12

Yalda is an Iranian celebration on the longest night of the year. Some of the traditions include eating pomegranate, watermelon, and nuts. Along with reading of poetry and telling of stories throughout the night. Until finally the long night is over and light overcomes darkness.Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, “I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.” John 8:12
"Because Yalda is the longest and darkest night, it has come to symbolize many things in Persian poetry; separation from a loved one, loneliness and waiting. After Yalda a transformation takes place - the waiting is over, light shines and goodness prevails."
"Group Picture"
I love being around people who like getting their picture taken!

No comments:
Post a Comment