Saturday, January 14, 2012

__Winter Spice__
Honestly, today started out rainy, cold and dreary. I stayed in bed for as long as I could rationalize. Then I huddled in my bedroom not wanting to go anywhere. But I have made an agreement with myself to go somewhere everyday. It may just be to the little grocery store down the road, but I will go somewhere everyday and talk to someone...So that being said I remembered the fancy Starbucks not far away and remembered that it was nicely heated inside. So in search of warmth I bundled up and went for a taxi ride.
So thankful I did!
First, you can see the picture of my fabulous Winter Spice Latte with Soy. I LOVE it when coffee places suggest a new drink! I don't know why but it makes me happy and I always try what they suggest, otherwise I get the same thing everytime.
 
Next, you see the fancy Starbucks where I enjoyed my afternoon of feeling warm and studying.  This is the upstairs room and only one small section of it - I know impressive and perfect for studying.
 
And the best part of the entire afternoon, other than getting out of the house, feeling warm, enjoying coffee with great service, and finally getting a good start on my Arabic studies...I made a friend! We chatted for a long time and she helped me study and learn some new Arabic words.  Then when I was about to ask for her phone number, she offered it and asked for mine!  Perfect! So after all it was a very good day.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

by Heather A. said...

Letha! I have just rediscovered your blog! I love it. I know we have changed so much over the years, but I'm happy to still hear my old roommate and friend in your writing:). Have a great day!..

Doug and Heidi said...

Wow, what a great day! Makes me want to go do the same! Maybe I will!

Casey and Autumn said...

I love this post! I have been thinking of you a lot and hoping you would make friends there. I'm so glad you went to Starbucks! :) Miss you!!!