Monday, April 09, 2012


I didn't really think about the advantage of living in Jordan and being so close to
so many historical and biblical sites.
A few weekends ago I got to go on a walking tour at the Jordan River!
It was beautiful and exciting to think about all that has happened here.
Apparently the Jordan is much smaller than it used to be, so the site where the experts believe that Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist is not even in the river anymore, but the believed site is marked and being there helps me picture the scene a bit better.
It also made me think about the songs I have heard sung about crossing the Jordan and entering the promised land - how excited that we look forward not to the physical but the spiritual eternal promised land of heaven when we will cross over that river to join in with those who are worshipping before the throne of the King of Kings.
 


Hello from the Jordan River!
I took this picture while my feet were in the river, behind me you can see across the river into another country.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: