I recently read a simple book on the life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer: He asked a lot of hard questions of himself, his colleagues and his country: "We often ask ourselves whether we still need the church, whether we still need God. But this is the wrong question to be asking. We are the ones who are being questioned. The church exists, and God exists, and we are asked whether we are willing to be a part of the church and of service, for God needs us."
Am I asking the wrong questions? How do I need to rethink and rephrase my questions to get to the heart?
I also appreciated this quote from the book:
"There is no way to peace along the way of safety...Peace is the opposite of security...Peace means giving oneself completely to God's commandment, wanting no security, but in faith and obedience laying the destiny of the nations in the hand of Almighty God. Battles are won not with weapons but with God."
In the Midst of Wickedness (Then & Now) Janet Benge and Geoff Benge
Am I asking the wrong questions? How do I need to rethink and rephrase my questions to get to the heart?
I also appreciated this quote from the book:
"There is no way to peace along the way of safety...Peace is the opposite of security...Peace means giving oneself completely to God's commandment, wanting no security, but in faith and obedience laying the destiny of the nations in the hand of Almighty God. Battles are won not with weapons but with God."
In the Midst of Wickedness (Then & Now) Janet Benge and Geoff Benge
No comments:
Post a Comment