Blue Eyes
Have you all heard the story about Amy Carmichael when she prayed for blue eyes? But God had a plan for her brown eyes, so the answer was no. Then she went on to India and was able to disguise herself and enter the temples? I have always love that story and Amy in general. It has been said that she spent some time here in my city. How neat is that! This port was a very common port between Europe and India. I like to think that she shared her love and truth with some of the people here in my city before going on to India. Anyways back to the story of the eyes, I remember sitting on Mom's bed at one time and Mom telling us the story - I believe there was even flannel board pictures involved. Anyways I always wanted brown eyes so I could be like Amy. But still my eyes are blue. And let you tell you they are a pretty normal, typical colored blue eyes. But, since living here sometimes, like yesterday as I was walking down the street I felt like my eyes were soo very blue. In a country where everyone has brown eyes, my blue eyes are often the topic of conversation. And when friends find out I wear contacts they think they are to color my eyes - and I am asked if I wear blue contacts. I always have to explain that my contacts are clear I have to wear them to see anything - I am blind without them. This is a new idea to them, all the contacts they have seen or worn are just to change your eyes color. Funny story, one night I went to a friends house and her sister was getting ready for something. Her husband had bought her colored contacts and she couldn't figure out how to get them in. I gave a little contact lesson, they were all impressed with my skills.
What was the point of this blog? My blue eyes definately stand out here and I can understand Amy's need for brown eyes with a new appreciation.
1 comment:
Just die your hair and tell them you're Persian!
Post a Comment