Sunday, September 16, 2007

Confession
I have to admit that I generally avoid reading the prophet books. It just gets so confusing between all the measurements, the beasts and trying to understand and apply it to my life now. I am more likely to be found reading the gospels or something by Paul. But since coming here the books of prophesy have come to mean so much to me. I love looking for prayers and promises to claim for these people here. Still I find myself putting off reading some books like Daniel. I have made for myself a bit of a timeline/schedule you may say to reading through the Bible. I was suppose to read Daniel last month, but got a bit behind and kept putting it off until yesterday. I was looking forward to the first six chapters. I had a book as a kid about Daniel in the lion's den and I can still see the pictures in my mind as I read the story. It is definately one of my favorites of all times (why haven't they made a movie about Daniel?). Anyways I got to the last six chapters and decided to get through them and I will admit I was as intimidated and confused as ever trying to work through the prophesy, BUT then I got to chapter 10 verse 11 and 12

"And the man said to me, 'O Daniel, greatly loved of God, listen carefully to what I have to say to you. Stand up for I have been sent to you...Don't be afraid Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer."

How amazing! Daniel is my hero today.

No comments: