Just Thinking
If you had asked me about a year ago where I would be in August 2010 I would have given you a lot of different options, none of which would have included Longview, Washington. It seems the more I think I have my life figured out, or my plans made God has to teach me once again that I am NOT in charge. So I wait (not so patiently) with a lot of fear and a little excitement about what this next step will end up looking like. How long will I be here? I don't know, but for now this song by Francesca Battistelli called Unpredictable, seems to be a good theme song for my life right now.
Got my thoughts
I got my words
Got this head full of answers
Got my thoughts
I got my words
Got this head full of answers
Got You wrapped up
Got You under control
See my future like the past behind me
I think I know where You’re leading
Don’t need no questions
Don’t need no rocking the boat
But I just forget all the mystery
I just forget who You are
(Chorus)
When I know that I know
What You have down the road
When I’m sure that
I’ve figured You out
Help me see that I’m small
That I can’t know it all
‘Cause You’re so unpredictable
‘Cause You’re so unpredictable
You said the foolish
Would shame the wise
To put my faith
In what’s beyond my eyes
And to believe You
I have to come as a child
So help me to rest in the mystery
Of what I can’t understand
(Chorus)
Can’t wrap my mind around You
Can’t put You in a box
Can’t keep You safely contained
You’re gonna move the way
You wanna move today
Just let me follow along
Got You under control
See my future like the past behind me
I think I know where You’re leading
Don’t need no questions
Don’t need no rocking the boat
But I just forget all the mystery
I just forget who You are
(Chorus)
When I know that I know
What You have down the road
When I’m sure that
I’ve figured You out
Help me see that I’m small
That I can’t know it all
‘Cause You’re so unpredictable
‘Cause You’re so unpredictable
You said the foolish
Would shame the wise
To put my faith
In what’s beyond my eyes
And to believe You
I have to come as a child
So help me to rest in the mystery
Of what I can’t understand
(Chorus)
Can’t wrap my mind around You
Can’t put You in a box
Can’t keep You safely contained
You’re gonna move the way
You wanna move today
Just let me follow along
No comments:
Post a Comment