Monday, August 23, 2010

What does this mean? Good or Bad day?
Heidi noticed this first and asked what it meant - I thought it was odd enough to get a picture. Since taking this picture I have discovered that quamash is a very pretty flower, so I am guessing a good day.
We found it at the Lewis and Clark Monument at Long Beach. I don't know when I was last at Long Beach so I enjoyed walking down the street and seeing the sights again.
Before visiting Long Beach we first went to Benson Beach and while Heidi and Doug enjoyed the waves I enjoyed being on the beach. I was properly dressed to keep warm and went for a short jog a couple times when I got too cold.
Once again excited and taking pictures because the sun was out.
Heidi and Doug riding the waves
I loved the view! This is (I think) the NorthHead Lighthouse at Cape Disappointment - what a horrid name. I was trying to imagine what would cause a person to name such a beautiful place disappointment. So I googled it...apparently the early men discovering the area did not care about the view, but were rather upset about finding no ships.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: