On the Road
I was so excited to be able to get out of my little town yesterday and see more of this beautiful country and visit my neighbors in their home village. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of all the water. Yes, it rained the night before our trip and I was so worried my friends (who have a car and are my source of transport) were going to cancel the trip. Because you see this country was not build for rain - I think we counted 6 crossings on the way where water was flowing down through the valleys and creating rivers over the roads which we had to drive through. But we made it there and I was so thankful.
Henna Hands
I love henna, and I love that for engagement and wedding parties all the women and girls get henna. It is hard to take a picture of your own hands, so these are the hands of my good friend who studies Arabic with me. She is also wearing a traditional house dress and I just love the mixture of colors and design in this picture!
I found something green!
It was so wonderful to arrive in the village and be in the beautiful outdoors.

No comments:
Post a Comment