Saturday, April 05, 2014

Wedding!

Village - Part 2
We got to the village and immediately joined a group of ladies getting ready for the party!  I was so excited to re-connect with family member I had met in the past and meet more of the sisters.  I think I finally figured out more of the connections.  Though I did think the Mom of the group was an older sister until about halfway through the night, and that some of ladies I thought were nieces were actually the younger of the many sisters in the room.  One can never assume.  Here is just part of the many piles of clothes and make up around the room.  I got one of the sisters to help me with some eye makeup.  And my friend caught me with my own camera while I was putting on eyeliner.
On the way to the wedding tent I walked by one of the areas set up for the men to sit outside.
And I had to take another picture of the mountains!  About here we met up with a group of little girls who took us to the tent.
Party Tent
Stage and royal chair for the bride when she arrives much later in the night.
We ate a full meal, danced to loud music and then most of the room left to go get the bride from her family home.  The slowly returned making a long parade like procession honking car horns, yelling and shooting off gunfire.  I stayed back with some of my friends in the tent knowing I would have more opportunity to chat and get to know them better there.

No comments: