New Favorites
1. Fazulia (Beans)
2. Fish Market
3. Shark Shack
4. Brost Chicken
5. Rice - this is not plain rice but with lots of stuff in it - you never know but it's great
6. Bisbas Sauce
7. Hummus and Bread
8. Swarma
9. Falafal Wraps
10. Ma-shekle
11. Tea and Popcorn (everytime I visit friends)
12. Lime Juice - the most refreshing drink ever!
And Foods I am not so fond of
1. Mango Juice - so thick
2. Sheep Meat
3. Local Candy
4. Ginger - this is a long story I must explain. I was at a friends house and we were talking about different home cures - one of which is hot ginger juice for a cold. Not knowing the arabic word for ginger they brought one of the roots out for me to see. As they were all taking bites of it they convinced me to try some. I took the tiniest little bite and my mouth was on FIRE! They all laughed at me - it was a fun evening. And now I know what ginger looks like!
Other great things about dining here is that you don't need to worry about having silverware, tables, chairs or even plates. We all sit together around a mat and share a common bowl. Everything tastes better when you share and eat with your hands and bread. Always the right hand!
No comments:
Post a Comment